The DesignWare® Ethernet PCS Core is compliant with the IEEE 802.3 specifications for 1G and 10G Ethernet PCS layers. The 1000BASE-X and 10GBASE-X PCS use the 8B/10G encoding and decoding to maintain transition density and DC balancing.
The DesignWare Ethernet PCS core is designed to support XGXS PCS and Backplane Ethernet PCS (1000BASE-KX, 10GBASE-KX4) with clause 73 auto-negotiation and an optional management interface (MDIO) as defined in Clause 45 of IEEE 802.3. The core is verified using state of the art methodologies including the RTL design, verification, hardware verification and interoperability tests.
The Ethernet PCS is easily configured with a user friendly application interface for easy functional and implementation objectives to meet design requirements. With support for SGMII, XAUI and RXAUI, the DesignWare Ethernet PCS is a flexible solution for 1G/10G Ethernet designs.
- IEEE 802.3 1G/10G specifications
- CoreConsultant utility to guide you through the installation, configuration, verification, and implementation of the core
- Core verification environment and DesignWare Verification IP for Ethernet
- Documentation: Release notes, Installation/integration guide, Application notes, User Manual
- IEEE P1685-2009 (IP-XACT)