Xilinx offers a parameterizable Ethernet Statistics core for use with the Gigabit Ethernet MAC, soft Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC, and Virtex®-6, Virtex-5, and Virtex-4 Embedded Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC cores. The Xilinx Ethernet Statistics LogiCORE™ IP provides a user configurable collection of statistical counters that can be used to gather network traffic statistics for Xilinx Ethernet Media Access Controller (MAC) products. The Xilinx Ethernet Statistics Core, in combination with the 1G or Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC, and 1000BASE-X PCS/PMA or SGMII LogiCORE solutions, provides a highly flexible, modular solution ideally suited for gigabit Ethernet communications and storage equipment. The Ethernet Statistics core is delivered through the Xilinx ISE™ CORE Generator™ tool and is part of the comprehensive suite of Xilinx Ethernet solutions.
- Example designs are provided for use with the following Xilinx Ethernet MAC cores - Virtex-6, Virtex-5, and Virtex-4 Embedded Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC - Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC- 1-Gigabit Ethernet MAC
- Generates between 20 and 64 individual statistic counters
- Supports 32-bit or 64-bit counter widths
- Each counter is addressable and can be read through an independent microprocessor-neutral interface (which can be shared with the chosen Ethernet MAC)
- Editable HDL example design included to define which statistics are counted
- Fully configurable using the Xilinx ISE CORE Generator tool