This Video Over IP subsystem integrates H.264 compression and RTP/UDP/IP encapsulation to enable the rapid development of complete video streaming products. Hardware reference designs and customization services complete the solution.
The subsystem uses the H.264 High Profile Encoder core and the RTP and UDPIP hardware stacks available from CAST. Flexible interfaces allow easy integration of video, memory, and network controllers, and AXI4-Lite slave interfaces allow a host processor to access all control and status registers. An optional custom logic module allows standalone, processor-free operation and provides access to control and status registers via UDP packets. Video and stream data are transferred among the subsystems modules using AXI-ST or Avalon-ST interfaces, making removing or adding modules straightforward.
- H.264 High, Main or Baseline Profile Video Compression
- 4:2:2 or 4:2:0
- Ultra-low, sub-frame latency capable
- Intra-Only options suitable for AVC Intra 50/100
- RTP and UDPIP Encapsulation
- Host interface via AXi4-Lite or processor-free UDP-controlled operation
- Customization Options
- Integration with Video-In Controllers (e.g., DVI, HDMI, MIPI-CSI, or SDI)
- Integration with IP-based MAC controllers (e.g., Ethernet or 802.11 WiFi)
- Multiple video channels, different video preprocessing modules, or different compression algorithms (e.g., JPEG or JPEG 2000)
- The H264OIP-HDE subsystem is suitable for broadcasting, surveillance, industrial, defense, and medical live-streaming applications. The software-free platform consumes significantly less energy than software based solutions, making it ideal as a video compression coprocessor in battery-operated devices with video streaming capabilities.
Block Diagram of the H.264 Video Over IP HD Encoder Subsystem