The Hashing Algorithm Generator - SHA-1 & MD-5 is a hardware implementation of the Secure Hashing Algorithm (SHA-1) and the Message Digest Algorithm No 5 (MD5). Both are used for Internet applications with SHA-1 being the official NIST standard for a data hashing algorithm. Hashing algorithms compute a condensed representation (the hash) of a message, similar to a CRC calculation with the additional property of bit collision resistance, and are used to ensure data integrity.
- NIST validated and added to Secure Hash Standard Validation list.
- Implements the Secure Hashing Algorithm (SHA-1) as defined in FIPS 180-1.
- Implements the Message Digest Algorithm No. 5 (MD5) as defined in RFC 1321.
- Suitable for HMAC generation including the IPSec protocol.
- Suitable for use in Digital Signature Standard (DSS) random number generator.
- Configurable to support SHA-1, MD5, or both algorithms.
- Fully synchronous streaming bus interface.
- 75 MHz operation at 0.25um with 474 Mbps SHA-1 throughput and 590 Mbps MD5 throughput.
- Synthesizable Verilog RTL
- Verilog testbench and scenarios
- Synthesis scripts
- User documentation