The histogram equalization IP core is suitable for both SD and HD video sources.
- Histogram equalization is useful technique for expanding the contrast range of low contrast images allowing details to be perceived that were previously invisible. It is particularly helpful in extreme lighting conditions such as can be met in security imaging where lighting cannot be controlled or in scientific and industrial imaging.
- PT10 calculates the histogram of the image intensities in real time and applies the correction to the following video frame, calculating the correction during the vertical blanking interval.
- PT10 is supplied as RTL compliant Verilog source code for unlimited time, unlimited use, (all FPGA vendors and ASIC/IC).
- PT10 is supplied with 6 months telephone/e-mail support and a 3 year update and bug fix guarantee.
- A demonstrator/evaluation board is available.
Block Diagram of the Histogram Equalization IP core