CEVA-XC321 is a high-performance, low-power DSP processor designed and optimized for advanced wireless communications processing in mobile handsets applications. A single CEVA-XC core is capable of handling complete 3.5G and 4G transceiver paths of in software. As a fully programmable architecture CEVA-XC supports multiple air interfaces including LTE, WiMAX, HSPA, alongside 3G and 2G in software.
CEVA-XC321 is specifically designed to address the stringent power consumption, time-to-market and cost constraints associated with developing a high performance, next generation wireless communications chip.
Utilizing an innovative scalable and modular architecture, CEVA-XC addresses the precise requirements of any 4G baseband design, for handset terminals and mobile broadband modules.
- Fully programmable DSP incorporating two computation units:
- Vector Communication Unit(s)
- Extremely powerful computation capabilities
- Up to 64 16x16-bit MAC operations
- Uniquely designed for wireless baseband
- High flexibility SIMD programming model with intra-vector permutation capabilities
- Efficient flow of the entire baseband application
- Communication operations - Vector communication units deal with vectorizable data
- General DSP operations - Complete support for general ANSI-C DSP functions, voice, audio, adaptive parameters, etc.
- Fully flexible solution for wireless applications
- Efficient single core solution for LTE class 5 and WiMAX II complete transceiver paths
- Enables true multi-mode design by supporting LTE, WIMAX, HSPA as well as 2G and 2G in software
- Ultra low power design optimized for mobile devices
- Up to four times more power efficient than general purpose DSPs
- Uses an innovative Power Scaling Unit to automatically scale speed and voltage for various units within the processor
- Scalable and configurable architecture
- Targets both terminal and infrastructure applications
- Optimizing C compiler and single-core design lowers development, integration and debug efforts in target SoC
- Leverages more than 20 years of experience in high performance programmable DSP cores