The JPEG 2000 encoder is dedicated to DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) and HD video applications. It applies JPEG 2000 encoding on un-tiled large color frames with 4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 sub-sampling. It generates streams compliant with the ISO/IEC 15444-1 specification (JPEG 2000).
The core performs the following video compression operations of the normalized encoding process: color transform (ICT/RCT), discrete wavelet transform (DWT), quantization, entropy encoding and rate allocation. It expects pixels under the following format at its input interface: 4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 color modes with 12-bit samples. It generates a j2c JPEG 2000 stream at its output interface. In case of 4:4:4 operation this stream is DCI compliant.
The core is optimized for speed and is able to deal with the demanding DCI and HD processing speeds: it is able to provide a single-chip FPGA solution for all 2K @24 fps, 2K @48fps, 4K @24fps, 720p30/60, 1080i and 1080p30/60 distributions. The flexible FPGA architecture allows the user to build a secure encoder by integrating Barco Silex cryptography encoders (DCI AES).
- Multi-channel HD
- Compliant with DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) recommendation
- Compliant with JPEG 2000 (ISO/IEC 15444-1)
- Integrated Intellectual Property core offering a full FPGA solution for HD and DCI JPEG 2000
- Single-chip FPGA solution for multi-channel:
- DCI: 2K @24fps, 2K @48fps and 4K @24fps
- HD: 720p30/60, 1080i, 1080p30/60
- Custom frame sizes up to 4096x2160
- Customizable output bit rate: up to 250 Mbps / 500 Mbps / 1 Gbps / lossless
- XYZ, RGB, YUV (4:4:4 or 4:2:2) color spaces with support for ICT/RCT color transform
- Supported encoder parameters:
- Wavelet filters: 9/7 and 5/3, 0 to 6 levels
- Full-frame encoding (no tiling)
- Pixel depth: up to 12 bits per color sample (lossless mode up to 16 bits)
- Code block size: 32x32 samples
- Configurable bit rate on a frame by frame basis with 3 selectable regulation modes
- CPRL / LRCP progression orders
- Minimal user intervention
- Fully synchronous design
- Can be used for FPGA, ASIC and Structured ASIC technologies
- Can be integrated with Barco Silex cryptography cores (AES) for advanced security