The JPEG 2000-2K Encoder is an entirely hardware implementation of the JPEG 2000 compression standard based on the ISO/IEC 15444-1.
The codestream produced by JPEG 2000-2K Encoder core is fully compliant with the standard and its various features are supported.
The core supports both lossless and lossy compression modes and allows defining depth of DWT decomposition and code-block sizes. It also enables different arithmetic entropy coding styles, supports tile partitioning and is equipped with the rate controller module.
Evatronix JPEG 2000-2K Encoder is ready to process HD and Digital Cinema image resolutions up to 2048x2048 as well as enables flexible input image format by support for different component depths (8, 10, 12 bits per sample) and different component sub-sampling schemes (4:4:4, 4:2:2H, 4:2:2V, 4:2:0).
A very efficient 2D-DWT engine and an additional channel of EBCOT TIER-1 algorithm results in the JPEG2000-2K supporting real time processing of Full HD and DCI 2K images. Example frame rates are: 1080p30 (4:4:4), 1080p45 (4:2:2), 1080p60 (4:2:0) and 2Kp24 (4:4:4).
- Designed to meet ISO/IEC 15444-1 JPEG 2000 requirements
- Flexible input image resolution with HD and Digital Cinema support
- 3D compression support for 1080p 4:2:0 signal
- Both lossless and lossy compression modes supported
- Configurable component’s depth: 8, 10 and 12-bit
- Support for 1-3 component images
- Different component’s sub-sampling schemes: 4:4:4, 4:2:2 (Vertical and Horizontal) and 4:2:0
- Flexible tile size, limited by input image resolution and number of decomposition levels
- Configurable code-block size ranging from 4x4 to 64x64, dependent of input image resolution
- Configurable number of decomposition levels
- Configuration interface, video interface, codestream interface, external memory interface compliant with Open Core Protocol 2.2 (OCP)
- Sub-frame latency
- User defined number of DWT decomposition levels (0 to 7)
- Target rate control
- Embedded TIER-2 encoder
- Support for different types of external memory: 32-bit and 64-bit SRAM, SDRAM, DDR2 SDRAM memories
- HD, Full HD and DCI 2K image resolutions support
- Excellent performance to size ratio
- Both lossless and lossy compression modes implemented
- Video interface, compression parameters interface, codestream interface, external memory interface compliant with OpenCore Protocol (OCP 2.2)
- Target rate control
- Customizable design: ASIC, Xilinx Virtex-5 and Virtex-6, Altera Stratix III and Stratix IV FPGAs
- VHDL source code
- Synthesis support for Synopsys® and Cadence® tools with a set of synthesis scripts
- Simulation support for Mentor Graphics® and Cadence® tools with a set of scripts and macros
- Extensive HDL test bench
- 30 days of technical support
- 90 days of warranty against defects