The Discrete Wavelet Transform encoder IP core from Rubber Band carries out line-based transforms on source image data.
The design allows images of up to 4096x4096 pixels in size to be processed using a single transform, and without any further sub-division/tiling. Single tile images will typically have a much higher image quality at a given compression ratio when compared to those coded using multiple smaller tiles.
The line-based transform architecture has been designed to meet the needs of real-world applications. Sensors capturing data in raster-scan format can directly interface to the core (Inferior tile-processors would require expensive image stores to rearrange the data or multiple processors working in parallel).
- Compatible with the ISO/IEC 15444-1 JPEG 2000 international standard.
- 9/7 and 5/3 Wavelet transforms supported.
- Up to 5 levels of subband decomposition.
- Line-based input.
- 4096x4096 pixel maximum tile size.
- Fully synchronous design.
- Verilog RTL source code, Testbench, Synthesis scripts and full documentation available.
- Parameters configurable pre and post synthesis.
- Easy SOC integration.