Writing into a ROM its program puts paradoxical demands: enabling high-density while postponing the program layers to the least dense levels. PHOENIX is such a late-programmable ROM thanks to a key patent for reaching ultra-high-density for large capacities starting at 1 Mbit. It stars the brand-new proprietary architecture optimized for ultra-low-leakage. It embeds smart and optimal pre-charge circuitries consuming a mere 1.8 uA for a 6-Mbit instance in TSMC 90 nm LP!
- Key patent “two in one” for ultra-high-density for large capacities starting at 1 Mbit
- Ultra Low Leakage even in generic process:
- no leakage in memory plane
- minimal leakage in memory periphery
- Optimized for high DfY i.e. no compromise at the cost of design margins such as read margin
- Protection against piracy thanks to : patented bit cell and customized scrambling capabilities