UFS is a simple, high performance, serial interface and is primarily for use in mobile systems between host processing and non volatile memory mass storage devices.UFS Device performs read/write to the flash memory using SCSI commands.UFS device UTP layer does the function of encoding and decoding of UPIU’s and forwarding of SCSI commands to the SCSI command decoder.
UniPro specification defines a layered protocol for interconnecting Devices and components within mobile systems such as cellular phones, handheld computers, digital cameras and multimedia devices. UniPro enables these devices and components to utilize MIPI PHY layers in order to exchange data at high data rates with low pin counts and at low energy per transferred bit.
MPHY is the PHY layer to transfer the symbols across UFS device and UFS host. Upto 4 lanes per direction can be used which would provide a very high speed serial data transfer across chips.
For UFS applications Unipro is the link layer and MPHY is the PHY layer.
- Complaint with UFS 1.0 spec, UFS Host Controller Interface V1.0, MIPI UniPro V1.41, MIPI M-PHY spec v2.0.
- Lanes of each sub link (TX and RX) can be programmed separately up to 4lanes.
- M-PHY PWM and HS data rates HS1X, HS2X supported.[3Gbps-6Gbps per lane in HS mode]
- Supports configurable outstanding commands/Query request UPIU for UTP layer in UFS device.
- Decoding and Encoding of all the UPIU’s required for UFS device supported.
- Configurable LUN(Upto 8).
- Error Reporting and Handling supported.
- AXI3 and AHB used for easy integration into SOC.
- RTL code
- Detailed design document
- Verification environment
- Test cases
- Synthesis environment/scripts
- Design Guide
- Synthesis guide
Block Diagram of the MIPI Controller - UFS UTP Device