The MIPI SLIMbus Device Controller IP is designed to provide MIPI SLIMbus 1.01 compliant connectivity for a peripheral device, like an audio codec, to a SLIMbus compliant host, like an Applications Processor on a mobile platform, and share the bus bandwidth with other SLIMbus devices that may exist.
SLIMbus has a TDM channel allocation structure for control messages and data. When its Framer is active, the device drives the SLIMbus clock, creates the SLIMbus frames, and enables the other SLIMbus devices and the SLIMbus host to synchronize and share the available bandwidth.
This MIPI SLIMbus Device Controller contains a configurable generic device that transfers data to and from remote SLIMbus components and legacy interfaces, like I2S, I2C and SPI, or interface directly to audio DACís and ADCís through the Generic FIFO Interface. One or more port pairs of the generic device can be used for each kind of peripheral interface, up to a maximum of 16.
At a system level, this IP operates under control of a SLIMbus host, whose active manager and associated software stack monitors the characteristics and status of the SLIMbus device, and configures its registers and access to the bus accordingly.
- Compliant with MIPI SLIMbus Specification version 1.01
- Delivered in Reuse Methodology Manual (RMM) compliant Verilog RTL format
- Small footprint
- Contains full-featured active interface device, with support for
- All SLIMbus Core Messages
- Error handling and recovery, as defined in the MIPI SLIMbus specification
- Embedded framer which can be active or passive, and supports SLIMbus clock generation handoff to/from framers in other components, with support for
- Clock Gears 1 to 10, either as clock source or clock receiver
- Maximum of 28.8 MHz bit-serial rate
- Dynamic SLIMbus clock frequency scaling and clock pause/resume minimizes power
- Contains one generic device with up to 8 active port pairs; each port supports
- Isochronous, Pushed, Pulled, Asynchronous Simplex, Extended Asynchronous Simplex and Locked transport protocols over SLIMbus with data segment size of 1 to 31 slots
- Interface options to peripheral components or devices
- Generic FIFO Interface
- Audio or peripheral data sample sizes of 8, 16, 24 or 32 bits
- Different port pairs can have different sampling rates
- I2S for Audio channels
- SPI or I2C for interface to other peripherals or microcontrollers
- Fully compliant to MIPI standard
- Small footprint
- Code validated with Spyglass
- Functionality ensured with comprehensive verification
- Product quality proven with silicon
- Premier direct support from Arasan IP core designers
- Verilog HDL of the IP Core
- Synthesis scripts
- Verification environment
- User guides for design and verification