Hardware acceleration of modular exponentiation and arithmetic
- The Modular Exponentiation Co-processor (MEXP) performs the modular exponentiation Z = ge mod n.
- This function is the basis of many publickey cryptography algorithms, such as Diffie-Hellman and RSA.
- The exponentiation algorithm is based on Montgomery arithmetic, which prevents the need to store numbers of the magnitude of ge.
- This arithmetic also decomposes the calculation into a series of word-sized operations and these operations map very efficiently to dedicated hardware.
- Synthesizable Verilog RTL
- Verilog testbench and scenarios
- Synthesis scripts
- User documentation