The IPX-SERDES IP-Core is the solution for efficiently storing and retrieving multiple channels of data in an external memory. The IP-Core also enable to serialize data take several parallel inputs channels and return a single output channel and to deserialize data take a single input channel and return several parallel output channels .
Main use of IPX-SERDES IP-Core is for frame buffers with frame serialization/deserialization. Another typical use is for audio buffer for delay adjustment. However, IPX-SERDES can be used to buffer any kind of data array.
An example of use of IPX-SERDES with video data is for encoding and decoding Quad-HD frames transported over SDI channels: for such content, transport is done over 4 synchronized HD channels. To encode this content, it is therefore necessary to first reconstruct the single Quad-HD channel from the 4 parallel HD channels. The same operation has to be performed in the reverse order for decoding Quad-HD content and transport it over 4 HD channels.
Potentialities of the IPX-SERDES are very high and only a subset of its capabilities is described here. Dont hesitate to contact intoPIX to ask if the IPX-SERDES IP-Core may be configured in order to sweet your particular needs.
- Processing of any data array such as video frames and audio
- Efficient storage and retrieval of data to external memory like DDR2 thanks to burst accesses
- Configurable bus size for external memory access
- Flexible data input size for efficient packing of data in external memory
- Configurable number of parallel input and output channels
- Flexible setting of data array size (e.g. frame size)
- Data array size is shared among the parallel inputs or outputs (multiple channels are dependents)
- In multiple input or output mode configuration, flexible choice of selecting one input or output only
- Support of synchronized or desynchronized input and output channels
- Support of image tiling when used with video data