The Multistandard Video encoder IP core supports PAL-M/N/B/D/G/H/I and NTSC-M/J as well as simultaneous component outputs.
- The intellectual property block accepts BT656 formatted data in either 8 or 10 bit format and the associated 27MHz clock or separate timing (H/V/F) and Y/Cb/Cr at 13.5MHz/6.75MHz which it encodes to a 10 bit, digital composite video signal at 27MHz whilst also providing simultaneous 10 bit YPbPr outputs, (also at 27MHz), which can be used to directly drive a digital to analogue converter, modulator or other output device.
- PAL-M/N/B/D/G/H/I and NTSC-M/J outputs.
- Broadcast quality video output: <1% DG and <1deg DP, <1% K-factor and <-70dB SNR.
- Requires BT656 inputs or separate YCbCr and syncs.
- Compatible with PT15 for RGB inputs.
- Fully programmable for non-standard inputs and outputs.
- Outputs up-sampled to 27MHz straight binary digital composite/component video.
- 12 bit chroma modulator.
- Pre-programmed register settings for PAL/NTSC.
- Standard 8-bit control interface bus.
- Control and status registers are written to and read from using a conventional 8 bit wide microprocessor interface.
- PT9 is supplied as RTL compliant Verilog source code for unlimited time, unlimited use, (all FPGA vendors and ASIC/IC).
- PT9 is supplied with 6 months telephone/e-mail support, a 3 year update and bug fix guarantee, technical user manual and BT656 75% colour bar test patterns.
- An evaluation board is available.
Block Diagram of the Multistandard Video encoder IP core with component YPbPr outputs