With InvisiPHY® DapTechnology offers a unique IP solution that enables 1394 devices with a non-intrusive listen capability of 1394b bus activity. The technology is easy to add to any standard 1394 interface and opens a whole new world of “stealth”-like bus monitoring capabilities!
InvisiPHY®-enabled devices are not participating in the bus arbitration and for that reason do not get assigned a node ID. Contrary to other implementations they are actually not part of the bus at all! And since InvisiPHY® is essentially a bus pass-through, input/output buffer delay as usually observed with optimized PHY silicon for reconditioning and therefore, retransmitting is no longer an issue.
InvisiPHY® is a combination of signal integrity preservation techniques (an adequate impedance matched design is critical to providing the required “isolation” from the twisted pair lines) and a unique variation of a 1394 PHY layer device implemented as an IP core running in an Xilinx Virtex 4 FPGA. This solution is only available from DapTechnology!
- Compliant with IEEE1394-2002 (BETA)
- Supports 100(B), 200(B), 400(B) and 800(B) Mbps transfer rates
- Connects to standard 1394b Link Layer
- Requires bus pass-through connectivity
- FPGA implementation for PHY simulation (receive only)
- Analog front end comprising primarily off:
- High voltage SMD capacitors
- High Speed ESD clamp diodes
- High Frequency Amplifiers with SIEGET Transistors
- No SW needed