Implemented in approximately 180,000 gates, the CVD2 is a silicon-efficient, high-quality solution for video decoding. Using Adaptive 3D Comb Filter technology, the CVD2 decodes NTSC/PAL/SECAM composite S-Video, and converts it into a 16-bit YUV 4:2:2 format. The core requires only two ADCs and two line buffers for full operation. The design is highly robust and locks reliably to weak signals. CVD2 is proven in silicon.
- Decodes NTSC, PAL, or SECAM video into YUV 4:2:2
- Accepts up to 10-bit inputs from ADCs for high quality video
- Decodes all variations of NTSC video
- Decodes all variations of PAL including I, B, G, H, D, N, M, combination N
- Requires only two ADCs and two line buffers
- Adaptive 3-line comb filter
- Provides full audio/video synchronization
- Accepts clock inputs from 20 to 28 MHz
- Time-base correction
- Portable to any standard CMOS process technology
- Automatically detects when the source is a VCR; detects and locks to VCR trick modes
- Shipped in the millions of units.