NTP stands for Numerous Time Programmable EPROM. It is a simple embedded IP flash memory block organized as 256K/128K/64K bytes and 8 bits, that are fully compatible with all 3.3V and 5.5V microprocessors. Currently our 0.35um 2P3M Flash technology is in production at a major foundry, and has a growing a list of customers. Unlike UV-erasable OTP EPROM and mask ROM, NTP is numerous time programmable and erasable, and is a low-cost alternative for low-voltage nonvolatile memory applications requiring infrequent writes. Aplus also offers a 0.18um NTP at SMIC that can meet consumer application range of 1.8V to 5.5V. A cell library is provided for the 0.18um NTP process for customers' logic design.
- High Endurance - NTP Embedded Block provides word programming time of 20us and chip erase times of 300ms, with endurance of at least 1000 cycles.
- Low Voltage - NTP Embedded Block does not require complicated on-chip, high voltage charge pump circuitry found in traditional EEPROM or Flash embedded applications, thus reducing the noise and voltage needed for operation. It has a wide operating range at 1.8V, 3.0V and 5V with over a 90% yield.
- Small Die Size: No internal state machine which reduces the silicon area.
- Increased Security - A security bit design is incorporated onto the chip, offering secure protection over the pirated copying of OS code after programming.
- Verilog (.v) model
- GDS II Frame and pin configuration
- Silicon debug & characterization support
- Yield Enhancement Support for Manufacturing
- Link to Assembly, Test and Package as necessary