The GC350 GPU IP by Vivante brings Adobe Flash acceleration to consumer devices like smartphones, personal media players, digital cameras, touch-screens, portable navigation systems, netbooks and MIDs, set-top boxes, and HDTV. GC350 features a smaller silicon footprint and lower power than other embedded processors while delivering higher performance and full compliance for OpenVG 1.1 graphics standards. The innovative Vivante architecture combines high throughput and quality graphics to create the best visual experience per square millimeter of area and per milliwatt of power consumed.
Hardware / Software / Ecosystem
An optimized software stack and complete software development tools fuel a growing application ecosystem supported by our robust graphics pipeline. With native support for OpenVG 1.1, Flash acceleration, and Android, Linux, and Windows embedded development environments, Vivante delivers maximum performance for 2D Vector Graphics applications.
Our ScalarMorphicTM architecture and other innovations result in the smallest die size in every GPU class. Vivante solutions are optimized to reduce bandwidth and power, and to minimize the CPU load for real applications. These features are absolutely essential for building efficient embedded systems.
Full-featured high performance, low power, and smallest area mean that Vivante delivers the best in graphics quality at the lowest silicon cost.
Easy to Integrate
With support for free-running AXI/AHB or OCP interfaces, customers can easily integrate our cores into their systems. Vivante licensees quickly and consistently reach target frequency and optimal final silicon area using provided reference implementation kits for Cadence and Synopsys design tool environments
Core clock 300 MHz (65nm LP) to 450 MHz (65nm G+)
300M pixels per second [textured] (65nm LP) to 450M pixels per second [textured] (65nm G+)
** Based on a push-button implementation flow. Higher performance is possible with a custom flow.
TSMC 65nm Characteristics
0.91 square millimeter synthesis area (including memory)
451k standard cells (ND2D1 gates)
10 KB memory (no dual port memories)
29 mW active power at 300MHz (65nm LP)
0.02 mW leakage power at 300MHz (65nm LP)
- Supports industry-standard vector graphics API OpenVG 1.1
- Hardware acceleration of Bezier primitives
- Coordinate systems and transformations
- Viewport clipping
- Alpha masking
- Rotation to any angle
- Supports YUY2 and YUV420 video image conversion
- Path and stroke generation
- Image interpolation and filters
- Gradient paint
- Pattern paint
- Multisample anti-aliasing
- Supports glyph API for hardware-accelerated text rendering
- OpenVG 1.1 standard API support makes software development easy
- Hardware acceleration of Flash
- VG pipeline features enable the creation of sophisticated 2D user interfaces, web applications, games, fonts, maps, etc.
- Vector graphics benefits include small file size, lossless compression, and scalability
- AHB and AXI interfaces make system integration easy
- Synthesizable Verilog RTL
- Cadence and Synopsys physical implementation kits
- Portable RTL test bench including basic graphics tests
- Software development kit including test applications
- OpenVG 1.1 driver
- Optional core and interface customization services