The Xelic Optical Transport Network (OTN) Framer Core (XCO2) performs Optical Channel Transport Unit (OTU), Optical Channel Data Unit (ODU), and Optical Channel Payload Unit (OPU) overhead processing, aligns incoming OTU or ODU frames, and provides overhead interpretation with error detection and performance monitoring. The XCO2 contains independent transmit and receive processors with external ports for overhead insertion and extraction. System side data is transferred at a nominal rate of 9.953Gb/s using a 64-bit data bus operating at 155.52Mb/s. Line side data is transferred at an OTU2 rate using a 64-bit data bus operating at 167.33Mb/s or at an ODU2 rate using a 64-bit data bus operating at 156.83Mb/s.
- Suitable for FPGA and/or ASIC implementations.
- Integration support and maintenance available.
- Implements flexible data bus architecture.
- Provides for streaming and normal modes of operation.
- Implements 16-bit register interface for programming of internal registers.
- Complies with ITU-T G.709 and ITU-T G.798 specifications.
- Supports transmit and receive facility and terminal loopback configurations.
- Support streaming ODU2 frames or mapped client signals which include synchronous or asynchronous CBR10G, ATM, GFP, and non specific client bit streams.
- Flexible insertion and extraction of OTU, ODU, and OPU overhead byte information.
- Provides optional scrambling (1 + x + x3 + x12 + x16) with polynomial corruption capability for diagnostics.
- Provides 6 levels of tandem connection overhead insertion/extraction.
- Optionally inserts OTU AIS, ODU AIS, ODU LCK, ODU OCI and client generic AIS maintenance signals.
- Includes RS(255,239) FEC encoding and decoding functionality.
- Provides saturating performance counters with programmable latch and clear or incoming error sync capture configurations.
- Xelic cores are optimized to keep resource utilization low enabling designers to include more functionality in a single FPGA implementation.
- Xelic offers flexible licensing terms with single use, source code options available.
- Xelic cores come complete with a database which contains a verification environment (generators, checkers, models, etc), an extensive suite of self checking tests, synthesis scripts, and a comprehensive set of core documentation (product brief, datasheet, fact sheet, etc.).