Leading mobile device OEMs (smartphones, tablet computers, portable media players, portable gaming consoles, etc.) are desperate to differentiate their products from the competition. One way in which to do this is by providing high quality Image Signal Processing (ISP) and supporting sophisticated vision processing applications such as image and scene analysis.
Furthermore, in the home entertainment market, the emergence of smart Digital Televisions is driving designers to support state-of-the-art capabilities such as gesture recognition and face detection, recognition and beautification. These devices also need to provide enhanced encoders for video conferencing and special post-processing functions for display.
Based on the CEVA-MM3000 architectural framework, the CEVA-MM3101 is a unique, fully programmable platform that is dedicated to addressing the extreme computational needs of the most sophisticated ISP and vision applications. The CEVA-MM3101 offers a scalable solution that can support a wide variety of products and use-cases.
By off-loading the device’s main CPU and replacing multiple hardwired accelerators for performance-intensive ISP and vision processing tasks, the highly-efficient CEVA-MM3101 dramatically reduces the power consumption of the overall system, while providing complete flexibility in terms of standards, ISP functions, and vision applications. Significantly, designers can leverage the CEVA-MM3101’s programmable architecture to implement their own proprietary software, thereby addressing unique use-cases and providing exceptional functionality that truly differentiates their products.
The CEVA-MM3101 comprises a fully-programmable hardware platform (no hardwired accelerators that are “frozen in silicon”), a comprehensive library of video and imaging functions, including image pipeline kernels, linear and non-linear filters, pre and post-processing functions, face detection and video codec kernels, as well as a comprehensive development environment including an optimizing C compiler, debugger, and hardware development boards. CEVA also provides an entire ecosystem in the form of the CEVAnet Partner Program, which leverages industry-leading technology providers who collaborate with CEVA to offer a comprehensive list of offerings based around the CEVA-MM3101.
The CEVA-MM3101 offers a flexible solution for every market requirement. As unique, fully programmable, pixel processing engine with inherent support for the most sophisticated imaging applications, it is targeted to manage different image and video pre and post processing, giving the user full flexibility to use its own proprietary algorithm for differentiate its device.
- Support for the full image pipeline as well as JPEG/JPEG2000 encoding
- Implementing the image pipeline and image/video processing and encoding in the same engine reduces data and memory bandwidth. In turn, this reduces the overall power consumption of the system, simplifies the AP design, lowers the total BOM, and reduces the TTM.
- Multipurpose platform that can support all video, ISP, and vision requirements
- Supports the full image pipeline and pre- and post-processing algorithms such as scaling, mirroring, white balance, noise removal, and stabilization.
- Software Programmable
- Upgradeable through simple software-upgrades; enables product differentiation through software.
- Enable constant changes and updates in image pipeline algorithms.
- Optimized relationship between the AP/SoC and the display screen using special post-process algorithms.
- Open architecture and standardized APIs
- Additional software components can be easily developed or licensed through CEVA’s partners
- Advanced IDE, optimizing C compiler, profiler, debugger and simulator, libraries, RTOS and device driver support
- Eases software development, reduces resource requirements, and speeds time to market