CoreQEI implements a configurable quadrature encoder interface (QEI) core for motor control applications. The QEI decodes speed and motion sensor information for motors, and can be used in any application that uses a quadrature encoder for feedback. CoreQEI supports two phase signals (QEA and QEB) plus an index signal, all three with configurable noise filters. CoreQEI detects and signals the direction of movement, generates a direction change interrupt signal, and incorporates a 16-bit up/down position counter. CoreQEI also supports standard and high precision position tracking modes, x2 and x4 position update modes, and motor shaft velocity measurement with programmable down-sampling postscaler for high speed velocity measurement.
CoreQEI supports an advanced microcontroller bus architecture (AMBA3) advanced peripheral bus (APB) slave interface.
- Two phase signals (QEA and QEB) and one index signal (INDX)
- Direction of movement detection with a direction change interrupt
- Programmable input noise filters on QEA, QEB, and INDX
- 16-bit up/down position counter
- Standard and high-precision position tracking modes
- Two position update modes (x2 and x4)
- Velocity measurement with a programmable postscaler for high-speed velocity measurement
- Position counter interrupt
- Velocity control interrupt
- AMBA3 APB slave interface support (APB3)