The SAL40223D is a Verilog IP module implementing the (255, 223) Reed-Solomon decoder over the finite field GF(256) with field generator polynomial f(x) = x^8 + x^7 + x^2 + x + 1. It is available as Verilog code, with a Xilinx implementation soon to be released.
The SAL40223D decoder is optimized for high performance errors-only operation
- n = 255, k = 223, 8-bit symbols
- capable of correcting (16) 8-bit symbols
- support for shortened codes
- fully synchronous
- 2 clock cycle latency
- errors only
- simple handshake protocol for easy interfacing
- The SAL40223D is designed to be used in conjunction with other high-quality Salamander products, and is backed by our highly specialized and knowledgeable engineering staff.