The Security Protocol Accelerator (SPAcc) offers designers unprecedented configurability to address the complex security requirements that are commonplace in today’s multi-function, high-performance SoC designs.
Increasingly, these designs include security at the MAC layer (e.g. WiMAX, Wi-Fi, MACsec or 3GPP/LTE), VPN security with IPsec and/or SSL, applications layer security (e.g. SRTP) and content protection (e.g. DTCP). Compounding the challenge is the need to support high throughput requirements with mixed packet sizes traffic characteristics along with low latency requirements to preserve Quality of Service in voice and video applications in single- and multi-core processor architectures.
Secure environments like ARM TrustZone are a solid foundation for security solutions in Embedded Systems. Elliptic provides versatile embedded hardware and software security solutions, designed for ARM TrustZone users, which range from hardware protocol accelerators and co-processors like the CLP-600 SPAcc, to platform security, DRM and content protection.
- Highly configurable security accelerator
- Support for all ciphers, hashes and MAC algorithms used in major protocols such as IPSec, WiMAX, Wi-Fi, 3GPP LTE/LTE-A, SRTP, SSL/TLS/DTLS, MACsec
- Optimal bus utilization
- Increased throughput through parallel hashing and encryption
- IV import feature – permits DMA of IV with associated payload
- Secure key port to access secrets stored in NVM
- Command and status FIFO depth selection offers interrupt coalescence
- Dual-clock domain capability to run interface and crypto content in different clock domains
- Support for big- or little-endian
- Configurable 32- or 64-bit bus interface
- AXI4 Low-Power
- TrustZone support
- Virtualization – allows sharing between multiple CPUs
- QoS capability allows multiple command priority queues for enhanced traffic management capabilities
- Built-in scatter/gather DMA capability offloads system CPU
- AMBA AHB and AXI
- Verilog HDL
- Sample synthesis script & constraints
- Sample simulation script
Block Diagram of the Security Protocol Accelerator with Virtualization and QoS