CEVA-TeakLite-II DSP core is a low power, single Multiply-Accumulate (MAC), 16-bit fixed point DSP core, designed specifically for embedded and highly integrated System-on-Chip (SoC) designs. At a speed of 200MHz for a TSMC 0.13u G worst case process, voltage and temperature, the TeakLite-II performance, cost and power consumption presents an attractive metric that is attractive to emerging high volume applications in the consumer and wireless fronts.
CEVA-TeakLite-II is binary compatible with its predecessor DSP generations, the widely adopted CEVA-TeakLite and CEVA-Oak DSP cores, allowing its users to leverage on the existing applications and large installed base of software available for these products and easy migrate it to a higher performance DSP.
CEVA-TeakLite-II is a fully synthesizable (Soft Core), process independent design, allowing customers to select the optimal operating point in terms of silicon area, power consumption and frequency. The DSP can be easily ported to any foundry process and library, enabling licensees full control over fabrication costs.
CEVA-TeakLite-II core has an advanced set of Digital Signal Processing instructions as well as general microprocessor functions. The core's programming model and instruction set are designed for straightforward generation of efficient and compact code composed of 16-bit wide instructions. TeakLite-II integrates run time debug functionality useful for field updates and remote fault detections and supports various memory configurations, including RAM, ROM and system peripherals such as DMA, timers, serial ports and bus interfaces.
- High frequency - 200 MHz @ TSMC 0.13um G process, worst case
- Extremely small footprint - 0.4 mm2 @ 0.13um for the DSP engine
- Low power consumption
- Active mode - using full DSP capability
- Slow mode - clock speed and current consumption, linearly divided, relative to active mode by a user-defined factor
- Stop mode - leakage current only
- Memory space
- Up to 2M byte addressable data space
- Up to 2M byte addressable program space
- High code density, all 16-bit instructions width - Embedded emulation and real-time trace modules
- Higher performance for more demanding applications
- 30% increase in speed compared to CEVA-TeakLite core
- Easy software migration
- Fully binary compatible to previous CEVA DSP cores
- Smallest die size DSP, lower cost
- Only 0.4 mm2 in 0.13u process
- High code compactness, based on 16-bit instructions only
- Excellent support for advanced multi-function applications
- Increased memory space - up to 4M byte for program and data
- Combines CPU and DSP capabilities
- The CEVA-TeakLite-II is accompanied by the advanced Integrated Development Environment (IDE) based Software Development Tools for embedded applications, supporting Windows, Solaris and Linux operating systems, including
- Highly optimizing C and C++ compiler
- Macro assembler and linker
- Advance Graphic User Interface debugger and simulator
- Tight MATLAB bi-directional connectivity
- Integrated graphic application profiler
- Various utilities and converters
- The deliverables include complete and fully automated reference design implementation along with a verification & simulation environments. CEVA-TeakLite-II design can also be ported to an FPGA for prototyping and system integration, prior to taping out the actual silicon.
- CEVA-TeakLite-II is backed up by a wide variety of software, applications and algorithms available by CEVA and the CEVAnet third party community.