The ARM® Cortex™-M0 processor is the smallest, lowest power and most energy-efficient ARM processor available. The exceptionally small silicon area, low power and minimal code footprint of the processor enables developers to achieve 32-bit performance at an 8-bit price point, bypassing the step to 16-bit devices.
The ultra low gate count of the Cortex-M0 processor also enables it to be deployed in analog and mixed signal devices.
The Cortex-M0 processor promises substantial savings in system cost while retaining tool and binary compatibility with feature-rich processors such as the Cortex-M3 processor.
The Cortex-M0 processor, which consumes as little as 85 microwatts/MHz (0.085 milliwatts) in an area of under 12K† , builds on the unrivaled expertise of ARM as a leader in low-power technology and a key enabler for the creation of ultra low-power devices.
- 32-bit performance in a 16-bit footprint resulting in more power efficiency and longer battery life, plus performance headroom for product enhancements
- Small size enables the processor and analog circuits to be implemented on single die
- Lower cost devices through a smaller processing core, system and memories
- Ultra low power consumption and integrated sleep modes resulting in longer battery life
- Thumb® instruction set for maximum code density
- Fast interrupt handling for critical control applications
- Wake-up Interrupt Controller enables ultra low leakage retention mode with instantaneous fully active mode for critical events
- Enhanced system debug for faster development
- 100 per cent C coding including interrupt handlers, and boot code to ease system development. Zero assembler code required
- Wide application envelope encompassing ultra low cost microcontrollers and analog mixed signal applications