Many processors targeted at embedded applications now feature cipher and hash hardware offload engines such as AES and SHA. Most however do not support the SNOW 3G algorithms required for integrity and confidentiality in LTE. The PLP-100f is an offload engine which can be connected to the embedded processor through a SPI or GMII interface and fully supports SNOW 3G processing for LTE eNodeB applications.
The 3GPP/LTE security algorithms are governed by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI). In Release 8 of the standard, the algorithms are referred to as 128-EEA1 (encryption) and 128-EIA1 (integrity) whereas in Release 7 they are referred to as UEA2 and UIA2. The sCOPE supports both of the algorithms.
- Supports the following releases and modes of the ETSI/SAGE 3GPP standards:
- Confidentiality (128-EEA1) and Integrity (128-EIA1) modes in Release 8
- Confidentiality (UEA2) and Integrity (UIA2) modes in Release 7
- Maximum clock frequency: 183 MHz in a Virtex-5
- Performance up to 3.0 Gbps for typical 3GPP/LTE eNodeB applications
- HDL Source Licenses:
- - Verilog HDL
- - Testbench
- - Sample synthesis script & constraints
- - Sample simulation script
- - Documentation