The SonicsSX® On-chip Network contains a high performance, advanced fabric and a comprehensive set of data flow services for the development of complex, multicore and multi-subsystem cloud-scale SoCs. By utilizing state-of-the-art physical structure design and advanced protocol management, SonicsSX can act as a local subsystem or global interconnect solution.
Ideal for complex video processing and graphics subsystem clusters, SonicsSX provides designs with high performance throughput while maintaining impressive power management capabilities.
As a global interconnect solution, SonicsSX also supports system-wide quality-of-service mechanisms, access security, hardware monitoring/debug ports, and error handling features that facilitate higher design predictability and decrease chip development time.
In addition, SonicsSX allows SoC developers to easily transition from single channel to multiple channel external DRAM memory architectures seamlessly and transparently to software and hardwired initiators.
This example SoC architecture utilizes the flexible topology and multi-channel features of SonicsSX, while employing Sonics3220™ to partition slow speed peripherals, the Sonics MemMax® memory subsystem solutions to achieve high performance DRAM memory management and SonicsExpress™ to support clock and voltage domain isolation.
This example utilizes IMT mutlichannel memory management capabilities for two channels of external DRAM which enables throughputs up to 16 Gbytes/s per-port to be achieved while implementing quality of service guarantees across the entire SoC. Utilizing SonicSX in conjunction with Sonics’ full line of complementary System IP provides designers with a complete SoC infrastructure on which to build the latest generation of consumer-friendly devices.
Key Words: ddr, ARM, network, NoC, SoC, system, ddr2, ddr3, memory, bandwidth, dram, dsp, flash, ocp, phy, wimax, lte, video, hd, ddr controller, sdram, processor, fpga, automotive, ahb, axi, amba, ddr phy, tsmc, memory controller, RAM, wifi, stb, channel, memory access, traffic, memory traffic, wireless, ip, embedded, on-chip, communications
- High Performance
- High frequency Interconnect Fabric
- Hybrid topologies for best-of-breed fit for subsystem and global on-chip networks
- Advanced fabric features and data flow services
- Optimized for performance – best balance of frequency, width, and efficiency available
- Interleaved Multichannel Technology (IMT) allows easy scaling to 2/4/8 channel DRAM
- Low-power optimized
- Low idle and efficient active power
- Robust power management capabilities – power down, power restore and retention flops
- Efficient implementation reduces wire congestion and leakage current
- Unparalleled Support
- Unique design methodology eases timing closure and speeds design iteration cycles
- Integrated performance analysis tools rapidly uncover design hotspots for early detection and correction
- World-class engineering support for first-time-right silicon
- State-of-the-art development tools reduce design time from months to days
Block Diagram of the SonicsSX - Advance the development of complex, multicore and multi-subsystem SoCs