Level of integration required in an increasing number of portable systems pushes integrators to reduce the number of external passive components to minimum for space and cost effectiveness purposes. Today’s complex SoC also embeds several islets supplied by distinct voltage rail requiring a compact power management solution that can regulate and program the voltage on each of these rails.
With its performing capacitor-less architecture and its digitally programmable output, the LRL-1.8~3.6/0.9~1.8 is the ideal solution for supplying digital parts of highly integrated devices that cannot tolerate external passive components..
- Architectural Advantages:
- Exploit a NMOS pass architecture that optimizes transient response and guarantees stability without output capacitor.
- Feature a very low current consumption for a capacitor-less architecture, ideal for low power applications.
- Standalone Regulator embedding its own voltage reference
- Low Bill-of-Material:
- No external capacitor required
- Optimized in density for the best trade-off with the output current and input voltage range
- Cost efficient solution compared to external Power Management Chip.