SoC integrators targeting portable audio applications such as Smart Phones, PMP, PDA… should demonstrate optimal recording performances as well as the best sound quality, while starring the longest playback capability.
shCOD95.BT01-Helium3uHD benefits from a new architecture combining the low power consumption from Helium architecture and ultra High Density. This audio CODEC is thus the best ally of SoC integrators targeting such high volume markets. Its optimized area ensures a cost-effective SoC integration.
This complete configuration of audio converter proves it feasible to combine Class-AB amplifiers, known for offering the lowest Bill-of-Material, with ultra-low dynamic power.
- Low power consumption: 6.3 mW for the DAC to headphone path, in playback mode
- 95 dB SNR
- Ultra High Density: more than 38% of area reduction compared with Helium architecture at 130 nm!
- Robust architecture enabling to maintain the audio performance after integration on “noisy” SoCs thanks to the patented PLL-less solution
- Pop-Up Noise Reduction system
- High audio performances measurable with test equipment not specific to audio measurement
- Optimal sound recording performances thanks to the Automatic Gain Control