The DesignWare® DW8051™ MacroCell is a high-performance, configurable, fully synthesizable 8051 core that is binary compatible with the industry standard 803x/805x microcontrollers. The DW8051 core is technology-independent and has been fabricated in both ASIC and FPGA technologies. Designed for ease of use, the DW8051 includes the coreConsultant™ tool, a user-friendly wizard, which guides
users through configuration, simulation and synthesis.
The DesignWare DW8051 MacroCell solution includes the DW8051 MacroCell, a reference design, and Synopsysí extensive verification environment. The high-performance architecture of the DW8051 provides up to three times performance improvement over the standard 8051 when operating at the same clock rate.
- MOVX in as little as eight clock cycles
- Dual data pointers
- Improves efficiency when moving large blocks of data
- Internal/external peripheral interface
- Special function register (SFR) bus in DW8051 supports both internal and external peripherals vs
- internal only in standard 8051
- Two optional full-duplex serial ports
- 4 clocks/instruction cycle versus 12 in standard 8051
- Up to three times faster execution on average versus standard 8051
- Stretch memory cycle
- Allows application software to adjust to different external RAM speeds