The R8051XC2-A is a fast, configurable, single-chip 8-bit microcontroller core that can implement a variety of processor variations executing the MCS® 51 instruction set.
It is a pre-configured version of the Evatronix R8051XC2. The selected sub-set of features makes the R8051XC2-A compliant with Intel® 80C51, yet much more efficient and flexible.This highly efficient design runs an average of 8.8 times faster than the 80C51 at the same clock frequency. The Dhrystone2.1 benchmark score varies from 0.088 to 0.114 DMIPS/MHz, which translates to speed improvement from 9.4 to 12.1 over the standard 80C51 at the same frequency, or 400 times the maximum performance at 430 MHz in 90 nm technology.
The R8051XC2-A is an extension of Evatronix’ proven 8051 family of processor cores, which have been successfully implemented in hundreds of different customer products. A prepackaged (fixed) version of the core is also available.
- Eight-bit instruction decoder for MCS® 51 instruction set
- Flexible external memory interface can address up to 8MB of Program Memory and 8MB of Data Memory Space (when the extended memory option is selected)
- Can address up to 256 B of the mandatory On-Chip (aka. internal) Data Memory
- SFR interface services 88 to 119 external Special Function Registers (depending on configuration)
- Interrupt Controller with two priority levels and six interrupt sources
- Extensive core configurability: choose options as needed, or get pre-configured or fully-configurable versions
- Executes instructions at one clock per cycle (versus twelve for standard 80C51) for an average 8.8 times speed increase, or 9.4 times performance increase in terms of DMIPS
- Alternate port functions, such as external interrupts and the serial interface are separated, providing extra port pins when compared with the standard 8051
- HDL source code for the R8051XC2-A
- Synthesis support (Synopsys) with a complete set of synthesis scripts
- Simulation support (Mentor Graphics, Cadence) set of scripts and macros
- Extensive VHDL or Verilog 2001 Test Bench
- Documentation: Design and Verification Specification, Test Plan,Integrategration Manual, Application Notes, Configuration tool
- Reference design for propriety development board