The parameterizable Turbo Product Code (TPC) Decoder was designed based on the Comtech AHA Corporation TPC Galaxy Core and is fully compatible with the IEEE 802.16 and 802.16a standards. In excess of a 155 Mb/s data rate with five iterations and providing more than 7 dB of coding gain at 10-6 BER, the Decoder utilizes 3313 slices and 17 block RAM. The TPC Decoder is available as a fixed netlist.
- Performs decoding for the turbo product codes listed in the IEEE 802.16 and 802.16a standards
- Based on the Comtech AHA Corporation (AHA) TPC Galaxy Core
- Four-SISO option achieves a data rate of 155 Mbps with five iterations using (64,57)2 code
- Single-SISO option achieves a data rate of 45 Mbps with five iterations using (64,57)2 code
- Provides more than 7 dB of coding gain at 10-6 BER compared to uncoded BPSK in an AWGN channel
- Provides up to 10 dB of coding gain over Reed-Solomon concatenated with Viterbi in an MMDS fading channel at a BER of 10-6