The URTL-1010 functions as an asynchronous serial data input/output interface for system on chip (SoC) designs, performing serial/parallel conversion on data characters to and from a serial device. The URTL-1010 IP core is derived from the standard UART device, and is optimized for low gate count while retaining the most commonly used functions.
Because of its small size relative to the 16550 UART, the URTL-1010 is ideal for system monitoring, self-test and debug. The URTL-1010 is designed to connect to the AMBA bus and can interface to most peripheral expansion buses.
- Programmable baud generator
- Independent receive clock
- 8-bit characters
- Even, odd, or no parity
- 1 or 2 stop bits
- False start bit detection
- Line break generation
- Complete status reporting
- Independent transmit, receive, line status and data set interrupts
- Internal diagnostics, loopback, overrun, framing error and parity
- Optimized for standard test communication and low gate count
- Easily interfaces to CPUs and DSPs
- Available as library component for open-Silicon SoC platform
- Compliant to AMBA 2.0 specifications