CoolEngineTM family is an scalable set of processor IP that can concurrently run multi-mode CODECs (CODECs and MODEMs) for multimedia and communications applications at close to ASIC efficiencies.
Two CoolEngine processor IPs from the first generation for video/audio codec applications are currently available and have been shipped to customers.
- These IPs include a CoolDMA and master/slave interface ready to be connected to all standard SoC buses including AXI, or AHB Bus, or Sonics Interconnect.
- These CoolEngine-I IPs are capable of running scenarios i.e concurrent set of applications. This applications include:
- Video Codec: H264 Main Profile, RMVB, WMV, MPEG-4/2, DivX, and
- WMV D1 decoding/encoding
- Video pre/post processing
- Audio Codec: MP3, AAC, WMA decoding/encoding
- Image Codec: JPEG, JPEG-2000, MJPEG decoding/encoding
- Image Signal Processing Algorithms
- Each CoolEngine-I IP comes with a development platform including:
- CoolTools-I: Compiler and Debugger
- CoolEmulator-I: FPGA Development board containing full CoolEngine-I design with standard interfaces
- CoolLibrary-I: A set of optimized algorithms targeted for audio/video codecs and ISPs