The Video Character/Text Overlay Generator is ideal for displaying subtitles or closed captions, time code, user menus, status or error information and channel identifiers.
- PT2 is pre-programmed with 112 characters including 0-9, A-Z, a-z and various punctuation marks and symbols and has 16 user programmable characters. Each character has a 12x16 pixel size and is shaped using a raised cosine filter to comply with the system bandwidth requirements.
- PT2 accepts a compliant BT656 video stream, (both 625 and 525 standards), and it's associated 27MHz clock and it produces a BT656 output with the overlay. The user can choose to have a background to the characters which is programmable in colour; the luminance level of the character is also programmable.
- Control and memories are written to and read from using a conventional 8 bit wide microprocessor interface.
- PT2 is supplied as RTL compliant Verilog source code for unlimited time, unlimited use, (all FPGA vendors and ASIC/IC).
- PT2 is supplied with 6 months telephone/e-mail support and a 3 year update and bug fix guarantee.
Block Diagram of the Video Character/Text Overlay Generator - 60x32, (30 character for 525 line)