Versa Module Europe (VME)
The VMEbus was first standardized in 1981 and is still in wide use. With the advances in integration technologies, custom integrated VME controllers open the door for smaller and cheaper systems.
Inicore offers a wide range of different VME slave controllers. Each one optimized for a certain application. The difference lies mainly in the address and data bus width and the supported data modes.
The VME slave controller shields all the complexity of the asynchronous VMEbus and provides an easy-to-use, synchronous parallel user side interface towards custom logic. A built-in interrupter handles all local interrupt requests and acknowledgments.
- Slave controller with fully synchronous user side interface
- Address modes: A16, A24
- Data modes: D8, D16
- Supports read, write, read-modify-write and BLT cycles
- Interrupter: ROAK, RORA, configurable D8 or D16
- User selectable wait states
- Control signals for external drivers and on-chip drivers
- Designed to the VMEbus specification IEEE 1014-87 and ANSI/VITA 1-94, each module comes with features specific to your application needs. The modules provide an easy to use, synchronous parallel interface towards custom logic (user side), including full interrupt support. To guarantee proper VMEbus timing, a clock of 40 MHz or higher is required. Application specific functions are add-ons; they don't influence the main core and therefore its function is always guaranteed.
- VHDL RTL Source Code
- Functional Testbench
- Synthesys Script
- Data Sheet
- User Guide
- Hotline Support by means of phone, fax and e-mail