This VME Slave Controller is designed for custom integration using standard FPGA and ASIC technologies. It is fully compliant to the VME specification supporting A16/A24/A32 address mode, D8/D16/D32 data modes (read/write/read-modify-write), D16-BLT, D32-BLT, D64-MBLT, as well as interrupt acknowledge cycles. VMEbus timing is guaranteed by using a system clock of 40 MHz or higher. A synchronous design approach is used to simplify inter- facing to the asynchronous VMEbus. The user side interface is full synchronous. Data access is either single cycle or multi-cycle controlled through user wait states.
To support VME slave controller implementations that do not require the full 32-bit address and data bus width, different top-levels are available. Features such as BLT and MBLT can individually be selected to achieve gate-count optimized implementations.
- Data modes: D8, D16, D16-BLT, D32, D32-BLT, D64-MBLT
- Address modes: A16, A24, A32
- Access modes: Read, write, read-modify-write
- Selectable rescinding DTACK
- Configurable D8, D16, or D32 interrupter
- Selectable little/big endian conversion
- Full synchronous user side interface for registers, peripherals, and memories
- User selectable wait-states
- RTL code
- Self-verifying system-level testbench
- Synthesis information
- User guide
Block Diagram of the VME Slave Controller