Xilinx Virtual Cable (XVC) provides a means to access and debug your FPGA design without using a USB or parallel configuration cable. This capability helps facilitate ChipScope debug for designs that: Have the FPGA in a hard-to-access location, where a "lab-PC" is not close byDo not have direct access to the FPGA pins – e.g. the JTAG pins are only accessible via a local processor interfaceXVC can provide the ability to debug a system over a network, or even the internet. This can save on costly or impractical travel and reduce the time it takes to debug a remotely located system.
Contact email@example.com for access to presentation files and example designs.
- XVC is an internet-based protocol that acts like a JTAG cable
- Extensible to allow for safe, secure connections
- Debug via ChipScope Pro Analyzer GUI exactly as if directly connected to design via standard JTAG or parallel cable
- Current version can be demonstrated on the Xilinx ML405 (Virtex-4) board using the vxWorks operating system
- Spartan®-6 and Virtex®-6 versions with Application Note and Reference Designs planned for Fall 2009