This Xilinx® Spartan®-6 based Companion Chip Platform highlights flexibility of Xilinx FPGA based companion chips for popular embedded host processors. Embedded designers can expand, upgrade and differentiate their systems by adding the FPGA to the host processor. FPGA companion chip's functions include support for missing processor features and specialized interfacing. Additionally, high-speed processing can be offloaded from the base processor to the FPGA for maximum performance.
The logiCRAFT-CC-Elite kit includes all the features provided with the logiCRAFT-CC-Base kit. In addition, the kit includes the PC with the Intel® Atom™ CPU to assure full out-of-box experience. It enables immediate developments of the PCI Express® and USB based FPGA companion chips. The Intel Atom processor uses the logicBRICKS IP cores implemented in the FPGA as tightly integrated peripherals fully supported within the Linux environment. The PC runs the Ubuntu Linux OS - bootable USB stick provided by Xylon.
- Based on the Xylon logiCRAFT-CC platform
- Xilinx® Spartan®-6 XC6SLX150T-FG676
- Includes an industrial PC with the Intel® Atom™ processor
- The PC and the logiCRAFT-CC' FPGA can be connected by either the PCIe® or the USB interface
- Reference PCIe and USB FPGA designs
- Linux drivers for logicBRICKS IP cores
- Linux demo applications
- Bootable USB stick with the Ubuntu OS for the PC
- Full cabling set
- Provides pre-designed interfacing infrastructure and saves months of development. Embedded system designers can add application specific IPs in the FPGA and use them as processor peripherals tightly integrated with the operating system. Xylon provides Linux drivers for all logicBRICKS IP cores included in the kit.
- The kit includes logiPCIECTRL PCIe Companion Chip Controller IP core in the VHDL source.
- logiCRAFT-CC board including Xilinx Spartan-6 LX150T FPGA
- Industrial PC with the Intel Atom N270 processor
- PCIe and USB reference FPGA designs with evaluation logicBRICKS IP cores
- Linux drivers for all FPGA IP cores
- Ubuntu Linux based OS for the PC on the bootable USB stick
- Linux demo applications: video frame grabbing, audio control, SD card control
- Full cabling set with the power supply