3GPP Long Term Evolution (LTE) physical layer is a complex computational block of the next generation mobile technology. It supports higher data rates thereby facilitating various multimedia services on a mobile device for the benefit of the end-user. LTE technology is an optimized IP based network architecture supporting seamless network migration from the existing 3G networks.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has developed LTE Layer 1 reusable components which can be used for the development and validation of eNB and UE respectively.
Platform independent embedded code developed by TCS, for 3GPP compliance LTE PHY can help customers in reducing the development time and realize reduced time-to-market benefits.
LTE physical layer reference models tested for 3GPP compliance available in both Matlab and as well as platform independent visual C platform. LTE MATLAB simulation models available for both eNB and UE physical layer which can be used for verification and validation of an embedded implementation.
- e-Node-B Conforming to 3GPP Release 9 specifications
- Industry Standard MicroTCA Platform to integrate the PHY and Protocol stack solution
- DSP software algorithms ported on Multicore MSC8156AMC/MSC8157ADS Platform
- Powerful and flexible DSP with six SC3850 Starcore® cores running at 1 Ghz
- Supports 150Mbps data rate in DL and 50Mbps data rate in UL
- Easy portability of TCS Solution to other Platforms through an abstraction layer for platform-dependent intrinsic, hardware accelerators, OS scheduling, DMAs etc.
- Supports Scalable bandwidth up to 20 MHZ
- Up to 4x4 MIMO support in Matlab and 2x2 MIMO support in embedded implementation
- Mobility :
- Up to 120km/hr High Performance
- 120 to 350km/hr functional support
- LTE e-Node B shall be configurable for both FDD & TDD version of Macro base station and Femto base station
- Base station transmission and Reception validated as per 3GPP TS 36.141 & 36.104
- Heterogeneous architecture (DSP+MAPLE-B) integrated in an industry standard μTCA Platform
- Solution ported onto a 3x MSC8156 AMC Multi core, Multi DSP platform
- Availability of LTE Matlab reference model for both LTE eNodeB and LTE UE solution
- Proprietary Automated Test and Diagnostic (ATD) verification tool to verify the signal processing algorithms in module level and system level.
- Effective Hardware and Software partitioning design to meet LTE performance
- Modular PHY software architecture
- Trace and Logging mechanism for easy debug in Run time
- Roadmap to cover advanced Freescale B4860 SoC for better form-factored design
- Fixed Point LTE Library for eNode-B
- Floating Point LTE Library for eNode-B and UE
- LTE PHY Reference Model available in MATLAB and VC
- Fixed point Platform independent Solution Reference based on Visual C Test Bench