Watermarking involves embedding authenticating information within a video stream, so that post-recording manipulation of the video content is detectable.
The AEROMARK watermark is embedded within the video frames during the video capture process. The watermark does not alter the video data perceptibly, but it can be extracted during post-processing, in order to validate the integrity of the orginal video stream. The watermark effectively detects and localizes modifications to original video images. The watermark itself is protected with security mechanisms that prevent watermark detection, extraction, and falsification.
A video containing the AEROMARK watermark can be processed using industry-standard tools for cutting, saving, and sending video content. The watermark remains valid for a video segment taken from the original footage, just as it does for the entire footage stream.
The authenticity of all, or part, of the video stream can be easily verified at any time.
AEROMARK files constitute a structured information container. Critical mission information, such as GPS locations, timestamps, equipment serial numbers, environmental conditions reports, equipment runtime parameters and flight parameters can be embedded in the video, and there is no necessity to provide additional resources to send and store these parameters. AEROMARK includes a software tool for extracting these parameters in post-processing.
AEROMARK provides data analyst with video data contextual information and authenticity, all at the click of a mouse, and without the need for any modification to existing video transmission or storage infrastructure. These features greatly increase the value of any existing or future product that relies on the capture of video data.
- - Video frames with embedded content
- - Authentication information, which allows for verification of the authenticity of the video stream, based on prior embedded watermarks
- - Additional information enriches the video information with additional metadata such as timestamps, GPS positions, or other relevant data that enhances the post-processing capabilities
- Main benefits:
- Works as part of a future-proof video encoding standard
- Authentication and additional data is inseparable from the video file; no additional
- files are needed to authenticate video for additional information and mission reports
- (in contrast to traditional digital signatures)
- Authentication and additional data are valid for the whole video, and also for
- extracted fragments
- Possibility of compliance with Aeronautical Standards
- Main applications:
- General surveillance
- The AEROMARK solution can be used in surveillance systems based on smart cameras.
- Homeland Security, Police Forces and Civil Agencies
- Integrated inside video systems in police cars, helicopters and UAVs, AEROMARK
- provides proof of authenticity for courtroom evidence, as well as a manageable set of reports for mission debriefing.
- Utility Maintenance Services
- Delivers trustworthy method to monitor vast infrastructures with UAV and aircraft.
- Traffic control and surveillance
- Protects authenticity and stores metadata in extensive video surveillance systems. Provides proof of authenticity for all recorded offences.
- Insurance Agencies
- Watermark certifies evidence obtained by inspection.
- - C-software library to be integrated with H.264 encoder software (also available as HDL code for FPGA/ASIC implementation, tested in FPGA)