WideSound broadens the narrow sound field produced by microspeakers or any two loudspeakers placed close together, e.g., <12cm apart (Note that typical human ear separation is 18cm) to much wider sound field for significantly better stereophnic effect. WideSound can be easily added at the audio output of any chips or hardware/software products as a "post-processing-only" function.
- - Audio input: mono or stereo audio signal.
- - Audio output: 2-channel audio signal for loudspeaker playing.
- - Ideal listening position – along the center line of the two speakers about 45cm away. (Note that average human arm length is 55cm.)
- - Multiple sample rates: 8/10/11.025/12/16/22.05/32/44.1/48 KHz.
- For 44.1KHz sample rate, MIPS=4.9/5.9 (mono/stereo input); RAM=4.8/5.5Kword, ROM=0.4Kword (not including program).
- WideSound applications include portable DVD player, game console, mobile TV, MP3 player, mobile phone, HD radio, PMP (portable media player), learning devices, etc.