G.722.2 is an adaptive multi-rate wideband codec with bit rates ranging from 6.6 to 23.85 kbit/s. The codec is based on code excited linear predictive coding model (ACELP). The coder works on speech sampled at 16khz and a frame of 20 ms (320 speech samples). It supports Voice Activity Detector in combination with Discontinuous Transmission and Comfort Noise Generation.
Standardized by the ITU (as G.722.2) and 3GPP (as GSM-AMR WB), the speech codec brings in interoperability for wideband voice applications and services across converged wired and wireless communications platforms.
- Codes 16 bit linear PCM sampled at 16khz
- Supports data 9 data rates (6.6 to 23.85 kbps)
- Supports Voice Activity detection and Comfort Noise Generation
- C callable interface for encoder and decoder
- Re-entrant multi channel implementation
- Conformance to G.722.2 specification
- Optimized implementation