SySDSoft’s mobile WiMAX implementation, ì16 is a highly-optimized, IEEE 802.16e-compliant Medium Access Control (MAC) Layer software for mobile stations (MS). It is designed to be efficient, highly modular and easily portable to various processors and operating systems. It offers a complete WiMAX Wave 2 compliant feature set, and a choice of numerous optional features. ì16 offers a cost-effective choice for ODMs/OEMs and chip manufacturers seeking a quick entry into the growing market of mobile wireless broadband.
- Complete Mobile WiMAX Wave-2 feature set and numerous optional features.
- Thoroughly tested to meet WiMAX/ETSI protocol conformance testing specifications .
- Multi-threaded code designed for most efficient usage of memory, processor, and energy/power with small code size and memory footprint.
- Flexible design separating control and traffic planes to allow porting to multi-processor designs.
- Portable to a multitude of processor cores; such as ARM (including OMAP and Intel XScale) and PowerPC.
- Fully tested on ARM9, Intel XScale, and OMAP platforms.
- Complete independence on operating system through an abstraction layer to support different RTOSs.
- PHY-independent implementation through a hardware abstraction layer to ensure proper MAC/PHY decoupling, and flexible customization according to the PHY specifications.
- Isolation from upper layers through well-defined MAC API’s.
- All system- and product-specific parameters available for configuration through the API .
- Detailed system- and product-level statistics.
- Highly-optimized scalable multi-class scheduling algorithm.
- Innovative scheme for optimized handover and intelligent target Base Station Selection