Testing plays a vital role in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and ensures that product meets the intended quality and
functionality. Increasing design complexity and reduced time-to market makes verification process complex and time consuming
which requires huge manpower. To overcome these challenges, a
fully automated tool is required to check various modules operating
in the system.
Analyzer and Logger for Protocol Stack (ALPS) is a protocol stack
testing tool designed and developed by Tata Consultancy Services
(TCS) to test LTE and LTE-Advanced solution. ALPS has Client-Server architecture with support for UDP, TCP, SCTP and other
communication Protocols between these components.
LTE Test Suites have been written in easy to learn and use TCL
scripting language and customizable to different use cases.
The standard test suites template allows concurrent development
and multi OS portability. Interface between ALPS server and SUT is through message queues and SUT is dynamically configured to test the particular module.
- a) Integrated Test Environment to test eNodeB and UE for
- conforming to LTE specifications
- b) Real-time test environment to test the DUT on Host or on Target
- c) Automated test engine to run unit, functional, system and
- performance test cases
- d) Integrated ready to use 1000+ test cases for LTE functional
- specifications conforming to latest 3GPP release(s)
- e) Reusable for other protocol stacks that use message-based
- User Friendly test environment with built-in features
- - Customizable GUI
- - Automatic test logs, test reports generation with local/
- remote server storage options.
- - Textual/ Graphical display of Test Logs and Test Reports.
- - Automatic regression capability to run multiple test cases.
- - Features to run sanity and selected test cases
- - Time Stamps support per message to test the end-to-end
- - Dynamically access global variables of the protocol stack
- under test.
- - An option to filter and view the messages of interest and
- access the value of a particular field at runtime.
- - Interactive User Manual support.