Long Term Evolution (LTE) details the evolution of mobile technology that delivers the benefits of higher data rates and low latency to users. It provides new services by creating a new radio access technology, which is optimized for IP-based traffic and offers operators a simple upgrade path beyond 3G but Pre-4G.
TCS has developed LTE User Equipment (UE) Protocol Stack solution conforming to latest 3GPP Release specifications. UE Protocol Stack consists of implementation of Layer 2 and Layer 3
on the Access Stratum part.
-Layer 2 consists of an implementation of the MAC, RLC and PDCP Protocols.
-Layer 3 consists of the implementation of the RRC Protocol
The protocol stack is optimized for performance and memory requirements of user devices and has been validated and tested on a third party platform with in-house LTE eNodeB Base Station.
- a) Compliance to June 2010 3GPP Specifications Release 8
- b Layer 2 and Layer 3 implementations are optimized for size,speed and memory figures
- c) LTE UE L2 and L3 are integrated with LTE eNB and tested for all functionalities in real time.
- d) Platform Independent Solution with TCS in-built OS Abstraction Layer (OSAL) and currently running on both host and platform
- e) Validated in terms of Performance, Stress and Load on Freescale EP8548E platform
- f) Implemented using Kernel 2.6.18 Linux p-threads and solution is ready for chipset Integration
- a) Supports real time and non real-time critical operations
- b) Meets high throughput demands
- c) Modular and Scalable Architecture
- d) Well defined APIs to ease integration with the PHY Layer and NAS Layers
- e) Priority based Multi threaded Architecture facilitating
- flexibility to easy migration to LTE-Advanced UE
- f) Controlled Tracing and statistical logging for easy debugging
- g) Layer2 and Layer 3 are comprehensively tested with the
- standard UE Test Cases
- a) UE Protocol Stack – tested for 3GPP compliance
- - Platform Independent solution
- - Platform optimized solution
- b) Test Plan and Test report documents with test scripts