VOCAL‘s HD Video Reference Design supports rapid development of point to point and multipoint high definition video conferencing solutions with wideband audio and H.264 video capture and streaming. Our reference design leverages the Texas Instruments DaVinci TMS320DM81xx family of digital media processors and TVP51xx decoder technologies to provide low-cost, integrated, multi-channel solutions with up to 3 – HD 1080p or 12 – SD channels.
Using VOCAL’s Multi-Channel Video Framework with our high definition video conferencing software, developers can create a superior user experience with full WB audio and H.264 video compression. Our software library provides a complete range of wideband and ultra-wideband audio codecs including G.711, G.722, G.729, Silk, and Opus with beamforming, echo cancellation, dereverberation, and noise reduction algorithms for exceptional audio quality. The software library also includes the H.264 and MPEG-4 video compression algorithms as well as SIP and other VoIP protocol modules for smooth capture and playout at up to 1080p in high definition.
VOCAL’s design provides access to any of the TMS320DM81xx physical device interfaces including DVI, HDMI and VGA.
- Turnkey HD video conferencing hardware and software solution
- Custom design solutions available
- Configurable physical device interfaces including DVI, HDMI, and VGA
- H.264 video resolutions from QCIF to 1080p60
- Multichannel HD-to-HD or HD-to-SD transcoding with multi-coding
- Industry standard audio codecs available including G.711, G.722 and G.729
- Acoustic echo cancellation, dereverberation, and noise reduction available
- Interoperability with third party standards-based HD video conferencing systems
- DM816x version supports up to 3 – HD 1080p or 12 – SD channels
- DM814x version supports 1 – HD 1080p or 2 – SD channels
- Supports TVP 7002, TVP 5147, TVP5158 and SIL1161 video input
- VOCAL‘s HD Video Reference Design supports:
- - low-cost, integrated HD video solutions with wideband audio and H.264 video.
- - multi-channel video solutions with up to 3 - HD 1080p or 12 - SD simultaneous channels.
- - rapid development of point-to-point and multi-point video conferencing systems including endpoints and servers.
Block Diagram of the Multi-channel H.264 1080p video conferencing solution