Video analytic systems are widely deployed in applications where the identification and authentication of the person is of prime importance. A non-invasive, non-obtrusive solution- one which does not require the active participation of the person can play a crucial role in adopting such video analytics systems for the
purpose of surveillance, security, digital signage and consumer forum surveys.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has developed a Video Search solution that can be used for people detection, facial recognition and gender detection in real time using camera based applications. While people detection and facial recognition proves valuable in video surveillance, consumer surveys, and security applications, gender detection can help the organizations to position the right product and information in the digital signage.
- Camera mounted at the point of interest, streams the video which is further analysed using Image processing algorithms to detect the presence of the people in the scene, to detect the face and gender of the persons.
- Recognizes the person from multiple faces by comparing the facial information stored in the database.
- Reliable and cost-effective solution.
- Platform agnostic hence easily portable across various embedded platforms.
- Supports widely accepted and tested image databases of different ethnicity.
- Scalability in terms of "watch list" size and number of visible faces.
- Highly optimized algorithms for enhanced real-time performance.
- Low cost and power-efficient embedded platform based solution.