VOCAL’s T.38 Fax over IP (FoIP) Image Extraction Library allows an application to obtain a T.38 facsimile image from a previously recorded file of captured network traffic or real-time data streams. The library supports fax image extraction and decoding for both high speed (V.34) and low speed (V.17 and below) fax transmissions over T.38 protocol.
- Extract and decompress page data to viewable image files
- Automatic detection and extraction of T.38 images
- Partial page output if recordings are partial or damaged
- Processes real-time continuous stream and pre-recorded data
- Automatically classify FAX traffic by modulation and non-standard or custom types
- Supports both V.34 (Fast) FAX and low speed FAX (V.17, V.27ter, V.29, V.21 Channel 2)
- Supports T.38 Real-Time Group 3 Fax Relay over UDP/IP networks
- Supports RTP and UDPTL T.38 packetization
- Supports T.30 Group 3 Facsimile Timing and Control Procedure
- Supports T.30 Error Correction Mode (ECM)
- Provides T.4 One and two dimensional (MH and MR) fax image decoding procedures
- Supports T.6 MMR Image Format Conversion
- T.38 Image Extraction Library accepts both file-based and packet-based input for high speed V.34 and group 3 fax image decoding. The file input into the library is a libpcap capture file. T.38 packets can be input directly into the library, enabling real-time processing of T.38 streams.
- The full T.38 stream is reconstructed using the sequence numbers in each packet transmitted along with any redundant or forward error correction (FEC) packets sent during a T.38 fax transfer.
- The T.30 dialogue contained within the T.38 stream is then processed for fax image decoding to reproduce the image sent.
- The output file format of the fax image decoder commonly will be either TIFF or standard Microsoft bitmap format (bmp), and can be selected for a specific implementation.
- ANSI C, Assembly, Binary or Source
Block Diagram of the VOCAL’s T.38 Fax over IP (FoIP) Image Extraction Library extracts facsimile images from T.38 data